Mapping Your Future is a national collaborative, public-service, nonprofit organization providing career, college, financial aid, and financial literacy information and services for students, families, and schools.
Mapping Your Future is sponsored by some of the student loan guaranty agencies – many of which are nonprofit or state agencies – from around the country. We are supported by other organizations including charitable foundations and by members of our Friends program, which include lenders, services, secondary markets, and other organizations.
Mapping Your Future:
- is a neutral, non-proprietary, and non-commercial resource of information and services for students, families, and schools;
- has no requirements for those who use Mapping Your Future to participate in any loan program, or use any guarantor or lender;
- is a charitable, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization;
- is a non-commercial website;
- is supported by a wide range of organizations with no marketing advantage to any one specific company or agency to support Mapping Your Future; and
- contributes to national student loan default prevention efforts by providing to students and their families information and services, including:
- borrow conservatively,
- consider all options for funding higher education, and
- understand rights and responsibilities.
- Resources for students and families, including career selection, early awareness, college planning, and money management tools.
- Neutral content, encouraging students to look at all sources of free funding before considering a student loan
- Services to schools for the ultimate benefit of the student
- Online Counseling, which meets regulatory requirements for entrance and exit counseling and provides counseling sessions that go beyond regulatory requirements in educating students about topics such as financial literacy and private loan borrowing
- Technology and development to support other nonprofit organizations with similar missions and for those organizations that wish to support Mapping Your Future in its mission to serve students and families
Vision, mission, and core values
Mapping Your Future's vision is to be the leading public-service, collaborative provider of free information and services for schools, and for students and families as they consider college, financial aid, careers, and financial literacy options.
Mapping Your Future's mission is to enable individuals to achieve life-long success by empowering schools, students, and families with web-based college, financial aid, career, and financial literacy information and services.
Mapping Your Future has the following core values:
- We support and encourage higher education and career opportunities.
- We are non-profit, non-proprietary, and a neutral source of information for parents and students.
- We promote a collaborative, team-oriented environment among professional staff, Sponsors, Friends members, volunteers and other partnering organizations.
- We adhere to all regulatory requirements and conduct daily operations with integrity, abiding by high moral and ethical standards.
- We provide a highly confidential and secure environment for data by establishing and implementing privacy and security policies and procedures.
- We provide accessible and relevant online services to as many users as possible.
Learn more about Mapping Your Future
- Media kit
- Donate now and help plan great tomorrows
- Advertise with us
- Link to Mapping Your Future
- Speakers Bureau
- Meet the staff
- Job openings
- Availability of the site/weekly maintenance
- Outbound link policy